Ready to level-up your skills as an Android developer? In this training program, you will learn how to make your app production-ready by developing a variety of different sample apps, each designed to showcase advanced capabilities of the Android platform. Make your Android apps more efficient by managing processes in multiple threads. The course will give students hands-on experience in developing interesting Android applications. No previous experience in programming is needed, and the course is suitable for students with any level of computing experience.
This course blends theory and practice to help you build great apps the right way. Learn the basics of Android and Java programming and take the first step on your journey to becoming an Android developer applying all Java features in the context!
In this course, you'll work with instructors step-by-step to build a several practical projects and learn best practices of mobile development. They will also have the best skills in building UI designs, which will further build in more complex applications, as they progress with the study of this mobile platform. You'll also learn how to use the Git source code management system.
- Installation, configuration and basics concepts of object-oriented programming
- Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance
- Creating and using interfaces, Packages, JAR libraries
- Exception Handling in Java, Advantage of Exception Handling, Checked vs. Unchecked Exceptions
- Collections, HashTable, Vector, List, ArrayList, HashMap
- Multi-threading (Thread class & Runnable Interface)
- Installation, Info brief in android studio (Android IDE and developer tools to build apps for Android)
- Creating a HelloWorld App, Android project structure
- Using Emulator, virtual device and real device
- Basic UI tools and concepts
- Styles, theme and custom components
- Android lifecycle - Android architecture components
- Activities, Events, Adapters
- Menu, Tab navigation and navigation drawer
- Introduction with GIT