This is a foundationlevel course designed to provide participants with an understanding of
some of the fundamental principles of testing. You will learn how testing activities support
development activities across different software development models as well as the
common testing terminology. The course provides an overview of both static and dynamic
testing techniques and how to apply them; introduces test management issues including test
planning and estimation, riskbased testing and incident management; and covers tool
support for testing, describing many types of tool support, the benefits and potential risks of
tools and an effective process for introducing them into an organization.
The Foundation Level qualification is primarily aimed at professionals who need to
demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This
includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test
consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
- Introduction to software testing
- Software testing process
- Software development lifecycle
- Levels of testing
- Types of testing
- Lifecycle of defects
- Test artifacts (test plan, test strategy, test scripts, test scenarios, test conditions, test procedure, test sets)
- Static and dynamic techniques in software testing
- Tools used in the software testing process
- Test management
Individuals certified at this level will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to mediumsized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
Contact person for
Contact person for Macedonia
Contact person for Macedonia
Contact person for Serbia
The ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level course is appropriate for everyone involved in software testing. However, it is strongly recommended by ISTQB that candidates also have a minimal background in either software development or software testing.
You will receive the following as part of this course:
- Participant Handbook
- Individual exercise handouts with solutions.
- Individual practice exams with answer commentary
- Exam Format: closedbook format Online.
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions.
- Passing Score: 65% / 26 points
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes.
- Proctoring: Live
Certificate: ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst
- Payment in cash with payment slip or debit cards
- Payment in installments with credit cards
- Payment in installments without interest with credit cards of Stopanska Banka
- Payment by invoice